Friday, April 22, 2011

Jesus

Tonight when it was time to read books to the kids Addison finally sat down quietly next to me (usually she's the wildest right when I need calm!). I was looking for a good "devotional" book for kids so I could read more about Jesus' death on the cross as I'm trying to implement more and more of this in the kids' daily discussions. And being today is Good Friday I wanted to talk about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. I read through Jesus dying and also his resurrection with Addison sitting right next to me-- the boys were in an all out fight over a counting book. So in the moment I explained to Addison again all about Jesus dying for our sins so that if we believe in Him and ask Him to live in our hearts we'll get to live in Heaven when we die. I also told her that Jesus lives in Mommy's & Daddy's heart, etc.... She finally listened longer than 20 seconds so I continued on, and then asked her if she'd like to pray and have Jesus come live in her heart too. And she said "YES!"

I prayed and she repeated all the words with me. I was so happy, but I had to deal with 2 little fighting boys, so couldn't dwell on it too long. :) So when I was tucking Addison & Levi in for the night I asked Addison to explain to Levi what she prayed about. She told him "Levi, I prayed that Jesus will come live in my heart. And we're thankful that He died on the cross because it forgives us of our sins". I hope we can continue to teach more and more to our children about Him. So thankful for this houseful of beautiful kids-- and just want them to KNOW Christ as their own.

1 comment:

Ilisa Ailts said...

Nice post. It is amazing what they retain when we least expect it. Happy Easter!