Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Can I say failure?!

So, obviously I need to go to bed-- it's past 9:30-- Isaac will probably be awake in about 2 hours, Matt will be home from work by then too...... needless to say-- I'll be woken up AT LEAST twice tonight, and that's a positive outlook. :)

I was just looking through random people's blogs and I found that I have failed as a mother! :) TONS of blogs (I just clicked the button that said "next blog" at the top) are about people's children, and I will admit-- all of these bloggers only had one child and all of these only children were under age 1...... but still, these parents go through month by month posting pictures and little ditties about what their kids is doing each month. And Megan, I know you're good at this too.....

I, for one, cannot tell you anything BIG about Isaac's 6 months of life. I can tell you he's 6 months, weighs over 18 pounds, laughs very heartily and loves to eat-- and that he bite me (while he was nursing) tonight....... Other than that, all these beautiful little lists that these wonderful parents can make about their children-- I can't do it.

Hope my kids will forgive me for it. Luckily I never did it for the first born-- so the 3rd born can't tell me that he was left out! ;) I can admit though that Addison had 3 photo albums complete of her by 3 months...... Isaac doesn't even have an album at 6 months-- I mean, there are pictures to put in, but I don't have a book to put them in yet!

Good night!

2 comments:

Mark and Megan said...

You are a great mom, I have seen you with your children (minus Isaac). We all do things differently and have our own unique things to give our children. I wish I could plan monthly meals like you, but unfortunately I am one of the most unorganized people I know. I think you are great and I know your kids do too - that is what counts the most!!

Ilisa Ailts said...

Ha Ha! This is hilarious, you are awesome :) Seriously, you fit right in with reality...I feel guilty on this computer so much today...the kids appreciate the time you spend with them more than the list you make about them :)